Thursday, October 1, 2015

SPIRITUAL LIFE

A sweet friend of mine gifted me with James Reimann's "My Utmost for His Highest" for my birthday just back in August. It's a great daily devotional book that has a daily message and accompanying scripture. I have to say each day so far has been spot on ! Today a certain part of today's daily message truly reached me: "We have all experienced times of exaltation on the mountain, when we have seen things from God's perspective and have wanted to stay there. But God will never allow us to stay there. The true test of our spiritual life is in exhibiting the power to descend from the mountain. If we only have the power to go up, something is wrong. It is a wonderful thing be on the mountain with God, but a person only gets there so that he may later go down and lift up the demon-possessed people in the valley (see Mark 9:14-18)." The message I found in this for my own personal use was that what I might consider my mountain top with God may differ from what another's "mountain top with God" might be. None the less, those moments of sheer joy and overflowing blessings from God are not meant to be constantly replenished they are meant to fuel us to continue in our work for Him on the battle field through witnessing, through prayer, through faith, and through loving people through Christ. I have to remind myself that I have been blessed beyond measure with a healthy child. I find myself worrying and praying more intensely since becoming a mother. I pray to and praise God for my healthy child and in the same prayer I pray over someone else's sick child, and then I worry and pray over my sweet baby boy that he may never have to face a life threatening sickness or tragedy. Am I the only person that does this ?! Surely not. My mountain top moments with God since becoming a mother are seeing my healthy, thriving, beautiful baby boy that I prayed so fervently for. My call to the valley right now is to be a prayer warrior. Today I hope that if for some reason you happen to stumble across my blog post that you take a moment to be a prayer warrior with me. Two families I've been led to prayer over are facing the diagnosis of very life threatening illnesses of their precious daughters. I am including links for them both. Pray a miraculous healing over both of these precious girls. Pray for ultimate comfort while these families patiently wait for God's timing. Pray that in the process of these precious girls being healed that non-believers become believers in the wake of God's miraculous healing. God is still in the healing business !

Prayers for Wryn Harbor
https://www.facebook.com/wrynharbor?fref=ts





Prayers for Katie ! #KatieStrong
https://www.facebook.com/Prayers4Katie?fref=ts




Philippians 4:6-7 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment