Sunday, February 12, 2017

My Valentine Sweethearts !

How truly grateful I am for my husband and especially Bug (and all of my family) ! The immeasurable happiness they've brought to my life. I tell people all of the time - being a mom is the best thing I've ever had the privilege to do ! It's true - Bug fixed me and I didn't even know I was broken. It's the closest I've ever felt to our Savior. It's like it created a brand new life line. I pray differently. I look at the world differently. I can truly connect with the feeling that He has for his children (because I'm experiencing an earthly version of it). How LOVED we are by Him ! I've spent this weekend enjoying my family. Ignoring some parts of the house for sake of sanity. Living with intention to do things we love and can be glad we did. Our Valentine weekend consisted of the following: Decorating the nursery ! This chalkboard gets made over for each holiday, Valentine's is no exception. I found this frame at a thrift store years ago (before I ever got pregnant) and knew that it would be perfect for a nursery (holding out hope that I would one day have a need for one). I finally got to drag it out of storage and DIY it to my hearts content. Some Home Depot chalkboard and gold paint later - voila ! The paper fans were on sale after Valentine's Day last year at Hobby Lobby ($3.00). It's a simple and cheerful way to bring in the holiday of LOVE !
Next is the "Be Mine" Valentine Box. I scooped this up on sale from PBK last year after sale ($10.00). I need to monogram it. Add it to the To-Do List.
Lastly, is Bug's "Holiday Tree". It gets an update for each holiday. Again, Valentine's Day is no exception. I bought this little tree from Hobby Lobby (used a 40% off) for $16.00. I have a few different tree skirts that are neutral and try to pick up decorations during after holiday sales. I picked up the decorations for Valentine's at....you guessed it....Hobby Lobby. I just picked up a wooden sign for the topper and some blank parchment tags to decorate. It was a simple way to decorate and very inexpensive. I'll try to share each new setup. His Valentine's gift lays underneath - just a simple gift sack with Annie's Organic fruit snacks (still waiting on his Moana soundtrack to come in). Our sweet Bug LOVES music ! We'll also fill his Valentine box with his own special Valentine's cards.
He already got one of his Valentine gifts early. We got him some bath colors. We tried them out last night. They were a hit but not nearly as colorful as I expected them to be. Maybe that's a good thing !
We spent today doing things as a family.
Decorating cookies !
Lastly, we crafted some large Valentine cards together. It was simple, fun, and turned out perfect (to me). This is something you could make for any holiday really. Just modify it to fit the occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment